Monday, June 22, 2009

Farmers Market!

(click on the pics to see them larger and clearer)


My booth!!
:-)

Kurt!!!!
At the beginning I had some friends doing this with me. And there was a couple weeks they couldn't be there so Kurt helped me out and boy was he a help!!!! I would have been running around like a mad women if he wasn't there! It also gives both of us the chance to walk around the market while the other sticks by the stuff. :-)
My friends have now decided that they will no longer be doing the market. So now it's just Kurt and I. We have a blast talking with our "neighbor" Pete and watching and talking about all the people walking by. :-)

Italian bread, cookies, cakes, muffins, rolls, brownies, etc.

nightgowns and some dresses

Lemonade and Iced tea!!!
our best seller!!

Kurt chillin'
HARPER!!!!!! (and his mommy)
This is my little cookie buddy! As soon as the market opens at 9am he makes his way slowly across the grass to my stand. I notice and motion him over with a wave of my hand and he comes running, dollar in hand. "How many cookies today Buddy?" With a mischievous grin he holds up one finger. He picks one out and runs back to his mommy only to be called back to get his change.
"May I go now?"
"Yes!"
But only to return a couple minutes later for another. :-)
This last week once the town clock tolled 9am I heard him yell,
"MOMMY!!!!! THE MARKETS OPEN!!!!!"
"Ok, ok," she says, "Hold on!"
a few seconds later he came running!! :-) That little boy has stolen my heart! Free cookies for him this week! :-)
Good friends of ours, the Iocco's
Too bad they're way down at the other end of the market! :-(
view from the left of our booth
The older man on the left is Pete. Kurt and I have such fun talking with him! We're either talking and laughing about the people wandering around, trying to figure out why/how people can just walk right past our booths or try some of my samples and not buy anything, esp. after saying how good it is!!!! Then we may be discussing the latest news headlines, or getting playfully scolded by him! :-/

MUSIC!!!
One of the best parts of the market! Every week there is some sort of band/group there playing. This past week it was a boy around13-14 playing the saxophone. Just him, no one else, no other instruments. He didn't play that good and always seemed to be looking for the next note. Let's just say Pete had a lot to say about that we had some good laughs.

More views

0 comments: